Jamal Moss (AKA Hieroglyphic Being) will release the second CD compilation of material from his Mathematics Recordings imprint early next month.
While Chicago resident Moss may have selected and compiled the tracks on the first volume of Music From Mathematics, this year's collection will see legendary Chi-house jacker Steve Poindexter pick and choose from the last eighteen months of releases from the label. Bocca Grande's piano vamping and Les Aeroplanes' jazzy cosmic house round off the album's more melodic moments, but there are still plenty of raw jack tracks to get your teeth into. Marcello Napoletano, Takeshi Kouzuki, Contra Communen Opinionem, Andreas Gehm and Chris Moss Acid all offer up previously unreleased material that ranges from psychotic acid to more uplifting vocal cuts, while Moss himself contributes two exclusive selections.
1. IAMTHATIAM – The Human Aura
2. Late Invitation – The Late Invitation Theme
3. Les Aeroplanes – Ils Disent Que L’Orient Est Rouge
4. Contra Communem Opinionem – Conscious Choice
5. Hieroglyphic Being – Space Is the Place (Original Galaxy Studio Session)
6. Bocca Grande – Adlibitum (Take 2)
7. Analogous Doom – The Polyhedron Nest
8. Audio Atlas – Guatemalla
9. Andreas Gehm – My So Called Robot Life
10. Stabil Elite – Hogans Run
11. Chris Moss Acid – Naphthalene Sunset (Piano Mix)
12. Takeshi Kouzuki – Running Rhythm (Off the Wall Edit)
13. Marcello Napoletano – Back 2 The Riot