Experimentalist extraordinaire Terre Thaemlitz will once again make a go of it under the name DJ Sprinkles.
Entitled Midtown 120 Blues, the album is the first full-length under the moniker, coming in the wake of two 12-inches released many years ago. Tinkling pianos that seem to be submerged in water, airy flutes and a number of monologues dot the record. The most notable of the latter occurs on the first track of the record in which a voice tells us that "There must be a hundred records with voiceovers asking 'what is house?' The answer is always some greeting card bullshit about life, love, happiness." We couldn't agree more. This album is for a real house music lovers.
01. Midtown 120 Intro
02. Midtown 120 Blues
03. Ball'r (Madonna-Free Zone)
04. Brenda's $20 Dilemma
05. House Music is Controllable Desire You Can Own
06. Sisters, I Don't Know What This World Is Coming To
07. Reverse Rotation
08. Grand Central, Pt. I (Deep into the Bowel of House)
09. Grand Central, Pt. II (72 hrs. by Rail from Missouri)
10. The Occasional Feel-Good